Come to the library and receive a craft at the Youth Services desk to make and take home. While suppliers last. Additional Info...
Come join us for some fun stories to start your weekend! All ages! Additional Info...
Celebrate Mom this month by enjoying story time together and making a beautiful Mother's Day craft. For children ages 3-5. Registration required. Registration begins April 22 @ 9:00am. Additional Info...
See what's buzzin at the Library! Come in and make your very own dragonfly and butterfly craft. For children ages 3-5. Registration required. Registration begins April 29 @ 9:00am. Additional Info...
What makes things go? Come learn about motion and make a car using everyday material. For children ages 3-6. Registration required. Registration begins May 6 @ 9:00am. Additional Info...
Come to the library the 1st Tuesday of the month and use your imagination to create with Lego's. Supports STEM learning. For children in grades K-5th. Additional Info...
Come to the Library to create simple projects for the community, ie. Assisted Living or Human Society. For children in grades K-6th. Registration required. Registration begins May 3 @ 9:00am. Additional Info...
Drop in for some after dinner stories to enjoy as a family. For children ages3-7.
Baby and Me (Mondays and Tuesdays @ 10:00am)
An interactive early literacy program featuring board books, simple songs, movement activities, nursery rhymes, and fingerplays. For parents/caregivers and children 0-23 months.
Tales for Tots (Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 10:00am & 11:00am)
Have fun listening to stories and singing songs that will enhance early literacy skills. For parents/caregivers and children 2-5 years old.
Caldecott Medal Winners - Awarded to the illustrator for “the most distinguished picture for children.”
Newbery Medal Winners - Awarded to the author of “the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.”
North Carolina School Library Media Association
Elementary Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
Middle School Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
- 50States.com - Useful facts and fun trivia about all 50 states
- AAA Math - Interactive math lessons that teach a wide range of arithmetic concepts
- Book Adventure - A free, online reading program for children in K-8th grade that uses interactive tools, games, and motivational rewards
- National Geographic for Kids- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts
- Time for Kids - News magazine geared toward students in grades K-6.
- Weekly Reader - Supplemental resources for teachers and parents
- World Book Kids - Easy-to-read articles and videos, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities. Contact the Youth Services desk at 704-663-1807 for login information.
- Crayola - Home to over 1,000 coloring pages, crafts, and lesson plans.
- Free Coloring Pages - Choose from 100's of printable coloring pages, connect the dots, mazes, games and more.
- FunBrain - Free educational games, books, and comics for preschool - 8th grade.
- PBS Kids - Play educational games and watch PBS Kids shows.
- Scholastic - Kids and parents can explore, play learning games, and read stories for Clifford, I SPY, Magic School Bus, and more.
- Stacks - Books, reading, authors, and games for kids 8-12.
- Seussville - Official site of Dr. Seuss featuring games, printable activities, character guide, and more!
- Star Wars - Movie information, games, and behind the scenes features for kids.