Kick-off summer reading with a visit from My Animal Guy, an interactive animal show. Additional Info...
Learn about bees! Watch a short movie, see first hand tools needed to maintain a beehive, get a taste of local honey, and make a craft! For children ages 3-7. Registration required. Registration begins June 3 @ 9:00am.
Come to the library and receive a craft at the Youth Services desk to make and take home. While suppliers last.
Have fun learning about desert animals. Enjoy a story and make a desert scene craft. For children ages 3-5. Registration required. Registration begins May 20 @ 9:00am. Additional Info...
Story time favorites and lots of moving. Make a simple musical instrument to take home. For children ages 2-5. Registration required. Registration begins May 27 @ 9:00am.
Use your imagination to create with LEGO's. *Supports STEM learning. For children in grades 1th-5th. Registration required. Registration begins May 24 @ 9:00am.
Lets get fit by discussing fitness and practicing simple exercises to get your body moving this summer. Please wear sneakers and comfortable clothes. For children in grades 1th-6th. Registration required. Registration begins June 10 @ 9:00am.
Come and have fun making fashionable button bracelets. For children in grades 4th-7th. Registration required. Registration begins Jun 16 @ 9:00am.
An interactive early literacy program featuring board books, simple songs, movement activities, nursery rhymes, and fingerplays. For parents/caregivers and children 0-23 months.
Tales for Tots (Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 10:00am & 11:00am)
Have fun listening to stories and singing songs that will enhance early literacy skills. For parents/caregivers and children 2-5 years old.
Caldecott Medal Winners - Awarded to the illustrator for “the most distinguished picture for children.”
Newbery Medal Winners - Awarded to the author of “the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.”
North Carolina School Library Media Association
Elementary Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
Middle School Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
- 50States.com - Useful facts and fun trivia about all 50 states
- AAA Math - Interactive math lessons that teach a wide range of arithmetic concepts
- Book Adventure - A free, online reading program for children in K-8th grade that uses interactive tools, games, and motivational rewards
- National Geographic for Kids- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts
- Time for Kids - News magazine geared toward students in grades K-6.
- Weekly Reader - Supplemental resources for teachers and parents
- World Book Kids - Easy-to-read articles and videos, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities. Contact the Youth Services desk at 704-663-1807 for login information.
- Crayola - Home to over 1,000 coloring pages, crafts, and lesson plans.
- Free Coloring Pages - Choose from 100's of printable coloring pages, connect the dots, mazes, games and more.
- FunBrain - Free educational games, books, and comics for preschool - 8th grade.
- PBS Kids - Play educational games and watch PBS Kids shows.
- Scholastic - Kids and parents can explore, play learning games, and read stories for Clifford, I SPY, Magic School Bus, and more.
- Stacks - Books, reading, authors, and games for kids 8-12.
- Seussville - Official site of Dr. Seuss featuring games, printable activities, character guide, and more!
- Star Wars - Movie information, games, and behind the scenes features for kids.