Story time featuring board books, simple songs, movement activities, finger plays, simple songs, and nursery rhymes. For parents/caregivers and children 0-23 months. The program will take place down stairs in the youth services community room.
Starting Jan 17 through Feb. 10, come to the Reference or Youth Services Departments to show our senior citizens at Carillon Assisted Living some love from our community by helping the Mooresville Public Library create a card for each resident.
A 30 minute interactive program for children ages 2-10 with developmental disabilities and challenges (all inclusive). A parent/guardian or caretaker must be present during the program. Registration required. Registration begins January 7 at 9:00AM. Register Here.
Have an icy fun time making a snow penguin and creating an ice painting. For children ages 3-5. Registration is required. Registration opens Friday January 6 at 9:00AM. Register here.
Have an icy fun time making a snow penguin and creating an ice painting. For children ages 3-5. Registration is required. Registration opens Tuesday January 10 at 9:00AM. Register here.
Drop in with your little one for some free play. Enjoy the tunnel, stepping stones, kitchen area, and lots of other toys. For children ages birth-3 years old.
Come to the library to create simple projects for the community. (i.e. assisted living or humane society. For children in grades K-7. Registration is required. Registration begins Tuesday February 7 at 9:00AM. Register Here.
Use your imagination to create with legos. For children in grades K-7. This program supports stem learning.
Use your creativity to make an art project while spending time with other tweens. For children in grades 4-7. Registration is required. Register Here.
An interactive early literacy program featuring board books, simple songs, movement activities, nursery rhymes, and fingerplays. For parents/caregivers and children 0-23 months.
Tales for Tots (Wednesdays and Thursdays @ 10:00am & 11:00am. Starting Wednesday, 1/4/2017- 5/18/2017)
Have fun listening to stories and singing songs that will enhance early literacy skills. For parents/caregivers and children 2-5 years old.
Learn and Play Sensory Story Time (Registration Required)
A 30 minute interactive program designed for children ages 2-10 with developmental differences and challenges (all inclusive). A parent/caretaker must be present during the program.
Saturday, January, 21st @ 11:00 a.m.*
Saturday, February 18th @ 11:00 a.m.*
Saturday, March 18th @ 11:00 a.m.*
Saturday, April 22nd @ 11:00 a.m.*
Saturday, May 20th @ 11:00 a.m. *
*Registration online or in person starts two weeks prior to the date of the program.
Caldecott Medal Winners - Awarded to the illustrator for “the most distinguished picture for children.”
Newbery Medal Winners - Awarded to the author of “the most distinguished contribution to American literature for children.”
North Carolina School Library Media Association
Elementary Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
Middle School Battle of the Books (2016-2017)
|What to do with a box
by Jane Yolen
Jane Yolen poetically reminds young readers that a simple box can be a child's most imaginative plaything as artist Chris Sheban illustrates its myriad and magical uses.
|Monster needs a costume
by Paul Czajak
As Halloween nears, Monster tries out a variety of costumes, including a cowboy, a ballerina, and a ninja, but finally comes up with the perfect idea.
|The gingerbread man loose at the zoo
by Laura Murray
When the gingerbread man gets separated from his class during a field trip to the zoo, he uses his teacher's animal scavenger hunt clues to find his way back to them.
|Little Lola saves the show
by Julie Saab
Wanting to be part of what she knows will be an exciting ballet performance, an adventurous kitten tries on costumes and stages a beautiful dance before stumbling into another ballerina and triggering chaos in ways that require considerable effort to save the show.
|I love you more and more
by Nicky Benson
A loving Bear explores the world with Cub while imparting messages about how the love they share is greater than the trees, mountains and stars, and how it will continue to grow and grow.
|Oceans : Can You Tell the Facts from the Lies?
by Simon Holland
True-or-false questions reveal facts about the ocean and the creatures that live in it
|The marvelous thing that came from a spring : the accidental invention of the toy that swept the nation
by Gilbert Ford
Illustrated with dioramic artwork, the story of the invention of an iconic American toy describes how engineer Richard James observed the remarkable movements of a coiled spring that fell from his desk, inspiring the creation of the Slinky. By the award-winning illustrator of Mr. Ferris and His Wheel.
- Homework Help
- 50States.com - Useful facts and fun trivia about all 50 states
- AAA Math - Interactive math lessons that teach a wide range of arithmetic concepts
- Book Adventure - A free, online reading program for children in K-8th grade that uses interactive tools, games, and motivational rewards
- National Geographic for Kids- Play games, watch videos, learn about animals, and places, and get fun facts
- Time for Kids - News magazine geared toward students in grades K-6.
- Weekly Reader - Supplemental resources for teachers and parents
- World Book Kids - Easy-to-read articles and videos, games, science projects, interactive tools, and activities.
- Crayola - Home to over 1,000 coloring pages, crafts, and lesson plans.
- Free Coloring Pages - Choose from 100's of printable coloring pages, connect the dots, mazes, games and more.
- FunBrain - Free educational games, books, and comics for preschool - 8th grade.
- PBS Kids - Play educational games and watch PBS Kids shows.
- Scholastic - Kids and parents can explore, play learning games, and read stories for Clifford, I SPY, Magic School Bus, and more.
- Stacks - Books, reading, authors, and games for kids 8-12.
- Seussville - Official site of Dr. Seuss featuring games, printable activities, character guide, and more!
- Star Wars - Movie information, games, and behind the scenes features for kids.