NPDES Phase II
Under the Federal Clean Water Act, the Town of Mooresville is required to have a National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System (NPDES) Permit. The Town has had this permit allowing the discharge of stormwater from the Town's MS4 within its corporate limits to the Town's receiving waters since December 1, 2011. In order to stay in compliance with this permit, the Town has a stormwater management plan which details a couple minimum measures used to reduce the discharge of pollutants and protect water quality.
1) Public Education & Outreach
2) Public Involvement & Participation
3) Illicit Discharge Detection & Elimination
4) Construction Site Runoff Controls
5) Post Construction Site Runoff Controls
6) Good Housekeeping & Pollution Prevention for Municipal Operations
The Town of Mooresville is required to submit an annual report to NCDEQ every year with their stormwater management plan and the accomplishments to date. See a copy of the latest Stormwater Management Plan and Annual Report (PDF).